The Chamber is focused on creating an economic environment that attracts news businesses helping existing business grow and flourish. There are many advantages to doing business in Leelanau Township because living and working here offers:
• Quality of life and life balance. Leelanau Township is one of the best places to live in the entire State of Michigan with access to beautiful ports and bays and the charming rhythms of small town life. Despite that we’re only a few hours drive from great urban areas like Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor and Chicago.
• A workforce with a strong work ethic, reflective of our traditional Midwestern values.
• Transportation to anywhere from Cherry Capital Airport in TC where you can begin a trip to anywhere in the world. Woolsey Airport north of Northport is accessible by private plane. Northport is served by the Bay Area Transit Authority (BATA) system based in Traverse City. Common carrier and delivery services are also available.
• An abundance of recreational opportunities that contribute to the quality of life and make it easy to recruit employees who value the outdoor lifestyle.
• A commitment to agriculture including Northern Michigan’s most talked about agricultural success: wine grape growing and wineries.
• Summers filled with activities and events that are local, regional and national in scope.
• A thriving arts community in an environment that draws artists, thinkers, and educators, all of whom find inspiration in the natural beauty of the area.
Traverse Bay Economic Development Corporation
Leelanau County Economic Development Corporation
Leelanau County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
Land Bank Fast Track Authority